Below you will find information regarding health and safety precautions in place for conference attendees.
- Contactless Engagement: Hotel guests are encouraged to enroll in Marriott Bonvoy to access the hotel’s contactless options including mobile check-in/check-out and mobile room keys. Enrollment is free. https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/dalpt
- Enhanced public space cleaning: The hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection, particularly in areas with high traffic including restrooms, elevators, lobby, fitness center and pool areas as well as provided more hand sanitizing stations throughout public spaces. All high touch points, such as elevator buttons, lobby chairs, and front door handles, are wiped down every two hours. Additionally, hand sanitizing stations will be available for guest throughout the hotel and conference meeting spaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Hotel staff members will wear PPE (e.g., face coverings, gloves, etc.) based on the activities they are performing and based on direction by the local authorities. Face masks are strongly recommended for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
- Contact Tracing: All attendees will be given attendance tickets at the start of the conference. Throughout the event attendees will be asked to provide an attendance ticket to enter educational sessions and plenary sessions to enable contract tracing, should the need arise. All envelopes will be stored for 21 days following the conference. Communication would be shared through the TACUSPA email account.
- Guest Room Cleaning: Every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival. During your stay, the hotel will not provide housekeeping automatically every day. If you wish to receive daily housekeeping refresh service, please let the guest services team know. Please note the hotel requires a 4-hour (out of the room) minimum period in order to provide cleaning. Each room is sanitized twice, as the housekeeping team comes in, and before they leave.
- Food and Beverage: All hotel staff will have gloves and masks while meals are served. Buffet meals will be plated behind plexiglass and passed to guests once completed.
- Conference Sessions: The first row in every educational session will be reserved and seating will not be permitted. This will ensure that presenters have enough room to move around with appropriate distance from the audience. The planning team will continue to monitor conference registration and adjustments will be made to educational session room capacity to support balanced attendance. Signage will be posted when a session has reached designated capacity. Table occupancy in the main meeting space has decreased from ten (10) to six (6) per table to allow conference attendees the ability to socially distance as much as possible.
Cancellation Due to COVID Exposure
TACUSPA hopes everyone who registers for the conference will be able to attend; however, we know extenuating circumstances do occur. Registrants who are unable to attend the conference due to COVID exposure will be refunded. It is the responsibility of the individual to contact the conference organizers (in writing) prior to the start of the conference if they are unable to attend. No refund will be applicable to no shows. Registrants must contact the hotel directly to cancel their room reservations.
- We recognize that travel budgets and personal health concerns may prevent members from attending the conference in Plano this October. Due to budgetary concerns we will not be able to offer a virtual conference, but the planning team is finalizing plans to provide active members the opportunity to live stream the business meeting on Monday, October 25, 2021. Additional information will be provided once these plans are finalized.