Assistant Director of Student & Civic Engagement
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was born in the spirit of community cooperation on May 27, 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is a military friendly, upper-level institution offering bachelors and master’s degrees for life’s next chapter.
The Assistant Director of Student Engagement, under general direction, is responsible for providing oversight to student organizations on campus, developing volunteer opportunities for general student body and emphasis on student clubs and organizations and creating new/enhanced student activities that promote pride and create new traditions.
· Direct and serve as the primary contact for all recognized student organizations, advise students in the development of new organizations, and ensure all groups are in alignment with federal, state, and local laws and university policies and procedures, including the Student Organization Handbook. Coordinate regular risk management training, student organization orientation, and hazing prevention efforts.
· Provide leadership to campus life event planning to include, but not limited to, Welcome Week, Warrior Week, Hunger & Homelessness Awareness, Warrior Ring Ceremony and programs, experiential learning related opportunities. Coordinate planning teams, oversee risk management, ensure budgetary alignment & fiscal responsibility, programmatic evaluation, and the supervision of student employees.
· Lead co-curricular civic engagement and democratic learning initiatives, and social justice education initiatives, such as, but not limited to, BECOME: A Poverty Simulation, Oxfam Hunger Banquet, Alternative Spring Break, Constitution Day, student voter registration, service projects, and days of service, through intentional collaboration with community partners, students, and university employees.
· Other duties as assigned.
This document represents some of the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Six years of related experience in management of Student Activities programs.
HOURS: M-F 8am-5pm (nights and weekend hours may vary) SALARY: $3,750/month
Interested applicants MUST apply online at https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMUCT_External
The system will provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity and will strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout the system.
Males, age 18 through 25, must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. This position is designated as a security sensitive position and requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.
Texas A&M University Central Texas is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master's, and specialist degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of A&M-Central Texas.
Texas A&M University – Central Texas is an E-Verify institution of higher education. Texas A&M University-Central Texas prohibits Vaping and E-Cigarettes on campus.
Texas A&M University Central Texas does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its education programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972. firstname.lastname@example.org| 254-519-5716