REPORTS TO: Dean of Students
SALARY RANGE: $60,000.00 to $63,000.00, depending upon qualifications.
The Director of Student Belonging and Inclusion will provide support to international and multicultural student populations; coordinate inclusive international and multicultural student programming; plan, implement, and evaluate programs to increase understanding and appreciation of diversity, initiate and implement educational programs concerning issues centered around marginalized student communities; collaborate with campus partners to increase support for international students and students from underrepresented backgrounds; and, serve as a retention specialist for underrepresented student populations.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. The Director of Student Belonging and Inclusion will provide support to international and multicultural student populations;
2. Oversee the operations of the Center for Student Belonging and Inclusion and International Student Services;
3. Coordinate inclusive international and multicultural student programming;
4. Plan, implement, and evaluate programs to increase understanding and appreciation of diversity, initiate and implement educational programs concerning issues centered around marginalized student communities;
5. Collaborate with campus partners to increase support for international students and students from underrepresented backgrounds; and,
6. Serve as a retention specialist for underrepresented student populations.
7. Collaborate with DEI leadership within the university to ensure the vision and strategic plan in relation to DEI are applied and sustainable.
8. Develop and promote DEI programming events that intentionally connect students, faculty, and staff from diverse cultural backgrounds in an effort to celebrate diversity, encourage dialogue, and increase understanding.
9. Serve as a Designated School Official in support of international students.
10. Interviews, hires, and trains student assistants.
11. Monitors budgetary information relative to wages, equipment and services.
12. Maintains data related to various benefits and services available and regulations related to services.
13. Assists with applications, documentations, policies and data entry. Answers questions regarding policies, practices and operations, prepares correspondence and reports.
14. Assist with programmatic initiatives in support of the goals of the Office of the Dean of Students and the Division of Student Affairs and Leadership.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
2. The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
3. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
4. EOE, including disability/vets.
5. UTPB participates in e-Verify.
This is an exempt 12-month full time position with an expected 40 hour work schedule Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee this schedule may vary based on the hours needed to meet job responsibilities. Therefore the employee may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
1. Master’s degree in educational leadership or higher education administration required or a combination of equivalent experience and education.
2. Five (5) to (7) years of experience in higher education administration.
3. Candidate must possess good people skills and empathy for the population served including cultural considerations.
4. Candidate must possess knowledge of the Microsoft Office software and the ability to learn and use institutional software systems.
5. Must also comply with all state and university policies.
Experience in international student programming preferred.