Student Conduct Office Student Conduct Investigator Offices of the Dean of Student Life We are committed to diversity. It is our policy not to discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Furthermore, we will maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Student Conduct Investigator is responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities of coordinating and facilitating investigations of alleged violations of the University Student Rules or organizational policies, where undergraduate, graduate, professional and first professional students are the alleged offenders.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years’ experience in student affairs work or related speciality area with a bachelor’s degree. Three years’ experience in student affairs or related speciality area with a master’s degree.
- Master’s degree in higher education administration or related field.
- Law enforcement or student conduct experience highly preferred.
- 80% Student Conduct Investigations: Develop investigation plans for each assigned investigation, identify and work collaboratively with a trained staff member as a co-investigator and conduct the investigation assigned. Maintain appropriate objectivity throughout the investigation process. Contact involved parties as appropriate, provide information regarding the investigatory process, and conduct interviews. Gather and secure relevant information through interviews with involved parties and witnesses, and other pertinent documentation. Create and maintain thorough records and notes of the investigatory process. Provide detailed and unbiased reports of the findings of the investigation to the Dean of Student Life or designee in a timely manner. May conduct investigations in College Station or at branch campuses.
- 10% Student Conduct Administration: Assist in the resolution of student conduct cases and other office initiatives, services and projects. Tasks include reviewing reports for potential violations of the Student Conduct Code, meeting with students, witnesses, advisors and other supporters to resolve cases, and assigning appropriate educational sanctions. May serve as panel chair or student conduct administrator as needed.
- 5%: Presentations and Workshops: Design, implement, and evaluate presentations and workshops to students, faculty, and staff in alignment with office mission. This may include Ethics & Decision Making workshops and other workshops implemented by the Student Conduct Office, Health Promotion, and general prevention education.
- 5%: Other Duties: Serve as representative on Department, Division and University committees and task forces, at events, and to department stakeholders as assigned. Attend and actively engage in Department and Division meetings, trainings, and functions. Advance the philosophy of multiculturalism and promote diversity in staffing, programming and student leadership. Perform other duties as assigned.
For more information, contact Kalyn Cavazos, Search Committee Chair firstname.lastname@example.org | (979) 845-3111
Salary: $45,000 - $49,000 plus excellent State benefits
To Apply: jobs.tamu.edu
Posting Number R-038357
Candidates are strongly encouraged to include a copy of their resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications for the position. Application priority deadline: June 18, 2021
The Offices of the Dean of Student Life is one of the seventeen departments in the Division of Student Affairs and is responsible for a myriad of student programs and services including: the Graduate & Professional Student Government; Health Promotion; the LGBTQ+ Pride Center; New Student & Family Programs; Off Campus Student Services; Student Assistance Services; the Student Conduct Office; Student Legal Services; Student Media; and the Women’s Resource Center.
Qualified candidates may apply: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMU_External/job/College-Station-TAMU/Student-Conduct-Investigator_R-038357