I-CARE Case Manager
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a vibrant, Hispanic Serving Doctoral Research Institution that proudly provides a solid academic reputation, renowned faculty and highly-rated degree programs since 1947. The University has a heritage of teaching excellence with innovation in research and community engagement as part of the distinguished Texas A&M System. With palm tree-lined pathways throughout the campus, nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and a university beach, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is the only university in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast.
Review of applications will begin June 1, 2021.
Provide case management for student of concern cases:
- Take reports, investigate concerns, evaluate, and present cases to I-CARE Team. Serve as a point of contact and provide consultation for campus community members who are seeking guidance and advice about our services for students who may be experiencing distress; also communicate possible intervention steps and procedures. Manage and make appropriate referrals to on-campus resources and community-based resources. Serve as a member of the I-CARE Behavioral Intervention Team and communicate to the team current information related to cases concerning students in distress; work closely with the ADOS and assist in determining appropriate action to take on referred cases. Coordinate and implement recommendations to the I-CARE team regarding students in distress.
- Coordinate follow-up and tracking of students in distress to monitor progress and ensure compliance with recommendations; maintain confidential student records. Complete documentation and maintain record keeping of ICARE cases in Maxient.
- Collaborate with the Student Conduct Officer(s) to assist in the facilitation of behavior intervention strategies in student conduct cases, when needed.
Complete administrative duties as follows:
- Assist the ADOS with the updates and maintenance of the ICARE Manual, the website, community resource provider list and all marketing materials. Research, design, and implement training sessions and presentations for the campus community. Compile, analyze, and manage all data and information in the Maxient database system regarding ICARE concerns. Prepare monthly and annual reports of ICARE cases. Establish working relationships with community mental health providers and other support agencies.
Provide outreach and education to campus community:
- Provide support and outreach to staff and faculty when distressed students are identified, and support is needed. Serve as the first staff member for student intervention, including outreach to students who may be reluctant to seek support services on their own. Work closely with the University Counseling Center (UCC), the Health Center (UHC), Disability Services, University Police Department (UPD) and other campus constituents in coordinating referrals and services.
- Serve as a back-up for the Chair of the I-CARE Team in his/her absence. Keep abreast of federal and state policies and laws that will affect the scope or practice of case management. Serve on departmental and campus committees and projects. Perform other duties as assigned.
For more information or to apply, visit: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMUCC_External
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Office of Human Resources Texas A&M University Corpus Christi 6300 Ocean Drive Corpus Christi, TX 78412-5730 O: (361) 825-2630 F: (361) 825-5871 www.hr.tamucc.edu www.tamucc.edu