Scholarships & Fellowships
The Texas Association of College and University Student Personnel Administrators (TACUSPA) is pleased to announce it is now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 Fellowship and Scholarship Programs.
The Thomas Moorman Fellowship Program offers graduate student(s) and new professional(s) (new full-time staff members with 1-3 years of experience) a number of opportunities to network and engage in activities designed to promote the pursuit of a career in higher education and student affairs. TACUSPA will offer four (4) annual fellowships, beginning at fall conference.
Fellowship benefits include:
- Scholarship for conference registration. This will include a pre-conference if it is offered for an additional cost. The TACUSPA Foundation covers the conference fee and new professionals institute. Recipients will be responsible for getting reimbursement from TACUSPA in the amount of the conference lodging.
- Reimbursement for the 50% of the cost of two nights lodging at the conference.
- Attendance at TACUSPA Board of Directors meeting at conference
- Mentoring opportunities with current or former TACUSPA Board member (mentors have served at the Vice-Presidential level)
- Invitation to participate in TACUSPA Board of Directors meetings during the year. For Fellows attending the mid-year board meeting, TACUSPA will pay for 1 hotel night and the least expensive mode of transportation as long as financially feasible.
Selected fellows are responsible for the following obligations:
- Submission of one article annually for the newsletter
- Attendance at Fall conference, including New Professionals Institute and Case Study competition
- Serve on a caucus or committee while participating as a Fellow
To apply for a 2017 TACUSPA Fellowship, an interested individual must:
The Thomas Moorman Fellowship Application Timeline:
- Application deadline is June 2, 2017 at 5 PM
- Interviews will be scheduled for the week of June 12, 2017
- Applicants will be notified the week of June 19, 2017
TACUSPA Graduate Student Scholarships
Full-time graduate students who are current TACUSPA members are encouraged to apply for one of the available scholarships. The application process includes the submission of the application and a faculty reference, and a professional statement of interest including expected benefits to the participant. Scholarship recipients are expected to volunteer up to one (1) hour of their time at the conference.
Scholarship benefits include:
- Scholarship for conference registration. The TACUSPA Foundation covers the conference fee and new professionals institute. Transportation and lodging are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Each scholarship recipient will be recognized at the conference.
- In addition, the scholarship recipient may be matched with a mentor for the duration of the conference and an after-conference follow-up.
- To apply for a Scholarship, complete the online application here. The Scholarship Application deadline is June 2, 2017 at 5 PM.
Applications will be reviewed by June 12, 2017 and all applicants will be notified the week of June 19, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Analicia Gonzales, TACUSPA Scholarships and Fellowships Chair, at email@example.com or 210-458-4728.*Email preferred.