Institution: Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
Position: Director, University Center
This position is responsible for leading and guiding the management and operations of the University Center, a comprehensive student union facility and department with oversight of supervision/management of personnel, fiscal management, assessment, and risk management.
· Oversee the administration and organization of a comprehensive Student Union program to include facility operation and management, maintenance, risk management, scheduling and reservations, game room, contract compliance, and new initiatives.
· Administer, develop and implement new programs and services, policies and procedures, and risk management for all areas.
· Prepare and manage departmental budget. Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff. Conduct strategic planning and assessment.
· Serve as the liaison with University Services and contracted vendors on the use of facilities, policies, construction issues, facility maintenance, and upgrades.
· Create, develop, and coordinate the planning and administration of facility operations.
· Serve on University committees including UCSA Advisory Committee, Use of University Facilities Committee, Student Engagement & Success Council and others as assigned. Participates in special projects.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Higher Education, Business or closely related field.
· Ten (10) years of related experience to include five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in student union setting, campus event/conference management, or facility renovation/construction projects.
· Additional education may be used as a substitution for the minimum experience requirement to include:
- Master’s degree and eight (8) years of related experience.
- Doctoral degree and six (6) years of related experience.
· Supervisory experience.
· Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), assessments, and databases.
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to be able to work directly with and collaboratively with other campus departments and to work in a dynamic, changing and diverse environment.
· Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Master’s degree in Higher Education, Business or closely related field.
· Experience with increasing level of responsibility in a higher education setting.
· Experience in student union setting, campus event/conference management, scheduling/reservations software, and facility renovation/construction projects.
· Experience overseeing operations of a comprehensive student union program to include program development and supervision; administration of budget; strategic planning and assessment; risk management and facility maintenance and operations.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
· Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a vibrant, Hispanic Serving Doctoral Research Institution that proudly provides a solid academic reputation, renowned faculty and highly-rated degree programs since 1947. The University has a heritage of teaching excellence with innovation in research and community engagement as part of the distinguished Texas A&M System. With palm tree-lined pathways throughout the campus, nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and a university beach, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is the only university in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast.
Texas A&M Corpus Christi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (361) 825-2630.
To apply visit: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Director--University-Center_R-019721