Lone Star College-North Harris
Director, Nursing Program, #31091
The Director, Nursing Program is responsible for managing staff and/or resources of the Nursing program to provide specific program or service offerings to internal or external stakeholders. Responsible for program success through marketing and enrollment, and budget planning & allocation. The Director directs all aspects of the LVN & ADN program including admission, orientation, advising, progression, graduation and, when necessary, the probation, appeal and dismissal of students.
1. Gather, collate, and disseminate program outcome data. Prepare and submit reports to Texas Board of Nursing for MEEP and ADN programs, Accrediting Commission for Nursing Education (ACEN) for ADN program, National League for Nursing (NLN), The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), and others
2. Monitor the quality of all instruction including program review and strategic planning. Evaluate nursing faculty and staff
3. Maintain approval and accreditation standards, preparing for self-studies, site visits, and follow-up reports
4. Ensure all applicants are qualified by meeting program admission requirements for respective program. Ensure that students meet graduation and licensure requirements
5. Participate on college and system-wide hiring and other committees as needed. Serve as facilitator on all system-wide nursing committees and chair of campus specific nursing committees. Participate in and attend all advisory committee meetings
6. Schedule classes and clinical sites for respective college, using agreed upon system rotation. Schedule full time and adjunct faculty to appropriate workload and clinical sites based on clinical expertise
7. Work with academic affairs to establish and maintain affiliation agreements with clinical sites and universities
8. Mediate concerns between students and faculty. If conflict is unresolved, follow college procedures for grievance
9. Maintain community relationships, effectively communicate with community partners, participate in marketing, and advocate for the program in the community. Work with academic affairs to establish and maintain affiliation agreements with clinical sites and universities
- Ensure that all admitted students receive adequate orientation to program and provide information sessions as needed for potential applicants
- Develop and maintain current degree plan, keeping website and printed materials current
- Ensure that all graduates meet the TBON standards for graduation and licensure requirements
- Evaluate adjunct faculty as per system policy- in conjunction with Dean, evaluate full time faculty per system policy
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Commensurate with education, qualifications and experience
· Master's degree in Nursing and at least 5 years of related work experience
· Must have been employed in the nursing field within the last 3 years
· Must have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience in a professional nursing education program
· Current Texas R.N. license by application review date
· Experience as the Director of a nursing program
· Experience with a multiple-campus program
· Experience with an integrated nursing program
· Experience in supervision and teaching
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.