Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a vibrant, Hispanic Serving Doctoral Research Institution that proudly provides a solid academic reputation, renowned faculty, and highly rated degree programs since 1947. The University has a heritage of teaching excellence with innovation in research and community engagement as part of the distinguished Texas A&M System. With palm tree-lined pathways throughout the campus, nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and a university beach, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is the only university in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast.
The Division of Student Engagement & Success is seeking an Associate Director, Recreational Sports. This position will report to the Director of Recreational Sports. Below is a list of responsibilities and qualifications.
This position is responsible for assisting in the management of a comprehensive Recreational Sports Department primarily overseeing the Recreational Sports Program areas (Intramurals, Sport Clubs, Fitness/Wellness, Youth Programs, Marketing, etc.) and the administrative functions of the department.
- Assist the Director with the management of the Recreational Sports department in the development and maintenance of departmental goals, budget, policies, contract administration and assessment of programs.
- Hire, schedule, train, supervise, and evaluate employees.
- Write, evaluate, implement, and support policies and procedures. Administer risk management for areas under supervision.
- Implement, oversee, and maintain Fusion software. Serve as Liaison between department and Innosoft, Inc.
- Ensure that fiscal responsibility, risk management, personnel management, training, mentoring, and development are properly addressed and performed for areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate, oversee, and advise the core program areas of Intramurals, Sport Clubs, Youth Programs, and Marketing, including staffing, budgets, and conduct issues. Provide support and guidance to staff directly responsible for these areas.
- Work closely with Competitive Sport Coordinator and Youth Programs and Marketing Coordinator to ensure delivery of a variety of quality programs throughout the year.
- Assist with registration and core questions.
- Purchase equipment and supplies for programmatic areas and department.
- Oversee administration of department’s marketing program. Ensure all outlets are utilized and resources are available.
- Ensure departmental website and social media are accurate, timely, and contain visually aesthetic information.
- Act as area director as needed.
- Serve on University committees. Participate in special projects.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by supervisor or university administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Higher Education, Recreational Sports, or closely related field
- Eight (8) years’ experience in Student Affairs environment.
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirements”
- Master’s and Six (6) Years of experience
- Doctoral and Four (4) Years of experience
- Experience in management of programs including supervision of students and/or staff, preparation and assisting in administration of budgets, contract administration, program development, and assessment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform administrative duties such as budgets and expenditures of resources, planning, and have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to relate to students and to work in collaboration with various representatives from university departments and the community, multitask and develop marketing strategies.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), assessments, and databases.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing, and diverse environment.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Recreational Sports, or closely related field.
- Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid
- Experience in collegiate recreation setting.
- Experience in supervising professional staff.
- Experience and knowledge of marketing, basic graphic design, and social media techniques.
- Experience in the administration of at least one of the following areas: Sport Clubs, Intramurals, Fitness & Wellness, Special Events, Marketing, and/or Outdoor Pursuit.
$50,162 - $55,000 Annual
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Texas A&M Corpus Christi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (361) 825-2630.