Division: Office of Student Services/Registrar
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 5623
Designs, implements, and facilitates programs which address student and trainee career development needs for future scientists and health professionals in a biomedical institution across degree programs and major areas of study. Leads the Career Development Center’s strategic planning conducted to establish the Center’s priorities informed by institutional stakeholders and metrics.
- Provides individual and group, goal-focused career counseling to students and trainees addressing areas including writing resumes and cover letters, interviewing, networking, career exploration/planning, and skills assessment.
- Leverages existing partnerships and maintains new relationships with businesses, non-profit and civic organizations, and alumni to facilitate students' exposure to diverse life science careers.
- Cultivates contacts with potential employers to expand employment opportunities for students and trainees.
- Participates in accreditation and applicable regulatory processes with educational and institutional leadership.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures relevant to professional development programs for all students and trainees.
- Tracks and monitors career development training program metrics to support extramural funding.
- Supervises team members who deliver career counseling to students and trainees in order to meet institutional career development goals.
Eight years of relevant experience.
Masters/graduate degree preferred.
Experience with career planning and counseling in a biomedical institution.