The University of Texas Permian Basin
Assistant Director of Student Life
The University of Texas Permian Basin is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Student Life to develop, execute, and assess various programs and activities that support the needs and foster the personal growth of students. These include orientation, family programs, fraternities, and sororities, and traditional events.
The starting salary for this position is $46,000.00, depending on qualifications.
1. Coordinating orientation programs for freshmen, transfers, online students, and families.
2. Coordinating Parent & Family Programs, including family weekend and outreach.
3. Providing oversight for fraternities and sororities on campus.
4. Selecting, training, supervising, and developing student employees.
5. Assisting with oversight of student organizations.
6. Assisting with developing and implementing effective student experiences and leadership training for student organization members, officers, and other interested students.
7. Assisting with the development and execution of traditional events, such as Welcome Week, Homecoming, FalconPalooza, Club Days, etc.
8. Assisting with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of online engagement opportunities for distance education students.
9. Managing effective communication and promotion strategies for Student Life programs and services utilizing print, electronic, and social media resources to ensure that events and activities are well publicized and are reaching the diverse constituencies of the campus community.
10. Evaluating programs and initiatives to ensure department outcomes are met.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean & Director of Student Life.
This is an exempt 12-month position and expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position will need to be available early mornings, evenings, and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.
1. Master’s Degree
2. Minimum two (2) years of experience in developing and facilitating programs and activities, preferably at a post-secondary institution.
3. Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
4. Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities.
5. Self-motivated, proactive, and adaptable with a student-centered approach and strong customer service skills.
6. All UTPB employees must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
Preference will be given to those who have experience with new student orientation, advising student organizations, and/or experience with event planning.