Title: Title IX Investigator
Division: Office of Student Services/Registrar
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
Salary Range: $50,251 $63,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 5305
The Title IX Investigator is responsible for conducting investigations into allegations involving sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, dating violence, domestic violence, and sexual misconduct in compliance with Title IX and guidance from the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights and the State of Texas. Provides resources, support, and remedies to parties involved in the investigations.
- Investigate cases of alleged student misconduct (specifically Title IX related matters), which includes meeting with individual students and witnesses, gathering and assessing evidence, determining credibility, and writing investigative reports regarding the findings of the investigation.
- Interpret policies and participate in the implementation of the BCM's sexual misconduct investigatory and disciplinary processes; provide testimony regarding investigations at University disciplinary hearings, as needed.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment regarding student/faculty/staff problems and concerns regarding the sexual misconduct process.
- Provide support and referrals to University and community resources as needed for individuals involved in the investigative process.
- Evaluate and implement remedies for complainants to rectify a hostile environment.
- Collaborate and consult with the Title IX Coordinator and other University officials regarding case concerns, as needed.
- Organize and maintain investigative files, reports, and other compiled records regarding complaints of discrimination, including sexual harassment and gender violence.
- Participate in professional development activities to remain knowledgeable of current state and federal laws, regulations, and trends in the field of education related to harassment and other discriminatory practices that violate Title IX.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.