Director, Recreational Sports
About Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi:
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a vibrant, Hispanic Serving Doctoral Research Institution that proudly provides a solid academic reputation, renowned faculty and highly-rated degree programs since 1947. The University has a heritage of teaching excellence with innovation in research and community engagement as part of the distinguished Texas A&M System. With palm tree-lined pathways throughout the campus, nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and a university beach, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is the only university in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast.
Review of applications will begin December 4, 2020. Position will remain open until filled.
- Lead and guide the Recreational Sports Department and ensure that students have opportunities to engage and become involved in a well-rounded recreational sports program.
What you will do:
- Oversees daily operation of the Recreational Sports program to include facility management, intramural sports, sport clubs, fitness and wellness program, special events, aquatics, outdoor recreation, and informal recreation. Includes development and implementation of new programs and services, policies and procedures, and risk management for all areas.
- Prepares and manages departmental budget. Hires, trains, supervise, and evaluate staff. Conducts strategic planning and assessment.
- Serves as the liaison with Kinesiology and Intercollegiate Athletics for use of facilities, policies, camps, construction issues, facility maintenance, and upgrades. Identifies and addresses other items related to the three programs that will impact each other.
- Explores and participates in facility development such as grant writing, referendum development, fee comparisons, master planning, and facility enhancement.
- Serves on University committees including Rec Sports Committee (ex-officio), Intercollegiate Athletics Council (ex-officio) and others as assigned.
- Participates in special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Master’s degree in Recreation, Sports Administration, Higher Education, Student Personnel, or closely related field.
- Five (5) years of professional experience with increasing level of responsibility in a recreation setting.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), databases, and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee operations of a comprehensive recreational sports program to include: program development and supervision of staff, administration of budget, strategic planning and assessment, risk management, and facility operations.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work collaboratively with Intercollegiate Athletics, the Department of Kinesiology, Facility Services, and other members of the Division of Student Engagement and Success.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in verbal, written, and electronic formats.
- Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic, changing, and diverse environment
To apply to this vacancy and to view the full job posting details visit:
https://islanderjobs | tamucc.edu
This is a security sensitive position and employment is contingent upon an acceptable criminal background investigation.
Qualified candidates may apply: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Director--Recreational-Sports_R-034217-1
EO/AA /Vet/ Disability Employer
Office of Human Resources Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412-5730
O: (361) 825-2630 | F: (361) 825-5871
www.hr.tamucc.edu | www.tamucc.edu