Texas A&M International University (TAMIU) - Assistant Director, Student Conduct & Community Engagement (SCCE)
The Assistant Director, under general direction, assists the Director in all aspects of departmental operations and maintains responsibility for a major functional unit(s) within a department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves on management team with Director. Represents the department, division, or University on various committees.
- Participates in developing departmental strategic plans based on department goals.
- Plans budget for department(s) under their supervision and assists Director in planning and budgeting for department.
- Participates in planning, directing, and coordinating operational or procedural matters to meet department goals and objectives.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates programs.
- Monitors compliance with all unit, department, University, and government standards, policies, and procedures.
- Develops reports, analyses, and surveys as requested by Director.
- Provides leadership for department along with and in absence of the Director.
- Handles special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Provides supervision and guidance to a team or departmental sub-unit(s).
- This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as the Student Conduct Investigator.
- Serves as liaison for the University Honor Council, including but not limited to recruit student members, coordinate hearings and training, record minutes, and manage case files.
- Oversees the design, coordination, and implementation of programs and workshops ensuring goals are consistent with departmental and University missions.
- Provides case management support to the Director for student matters.
- Monitors accuracy of information on websites, publications, and reports.
- Serves and represents department at various State and National associations.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in applicable field
- Experience – Six years of related experience including supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure understanding.
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience working with diverse social media platforms.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, Maxient, Degree Works, or other Higher Education Software.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Strong leadership, time management, and organizational skills (must attend to detail).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exercise initiative and appropriate independent judgment.
- Effective individual and group engagement with a wide variety of individuals, organization, and the general public.
- Ability to work effectively with time-sensitive matters and meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.