The University of Texas Permian Basin
Case Manager (Coordinator, Student Emergency/Assistance Services)
The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the position of Case Manager. Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Leadership and the Director of Human Resources, the Case Manager will coordinate student emergency and assistance services for UTPB students, faculty, and staff.
The Case Manager will coordinate the Case Management process for all students, faculty, and staff related to COVID-19, and as part of these duties will manage daily review of #Campus Clear, process COVID-19 reports, follow cases to provide support and guidance, manage documentation, and produce reports. The Case Manager will also serve in on-call rotation and assist with outreach and communication.
This is a full-time, one-year position to address the impacts of the pandemic. Funding for this position will expire in August 2022. Resources may be diverted to other department priorities should there be an approved vaccine and decrease in cases related to COVID-19. Starting salary for this position is: $36,982 – $44,844/yr.
• Track cases from receipt of report to resolution; prepare reports regarding case status; maintain and or/coordinate regular contact with those impacted by COVID-19
• Resources and Consultation: Provide immediate and ongoing support to students in crisis due to COVID-19 including, but not limited to, academic accommodations, emergency fund applications, securing housing for students who need to self-isolate, and working with campus partners
• Outreach and Communication: Assist with programming specific to healthy decisions to support prevention of COVID-19 spread
• On-Call Coverage: Serve in on-call rotation with other staff members from the Case Management Team to address urgent needs submitted to the COVID-19 Advice Line after business hours
• Coordinate Services: Provide students with comprehensive referral services
• Collaboration: Collaborate closely with campus and community partners to ensure a comprehensive and holistic approach to individual needs and crisis services
• Reporting: track various key indicators to produce regular reports regarding case load and other critical information
• Other related functions, as assigned.
SCHEDULE: This is an exempt 12-month full time position with an expected 40-hour work schedule Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee this schedule may vary based on the hours needed to meet job responsibilities. Therefore, the employee may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, which includes a broad range of employee benefits and a generous retirement program (TRS). We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
UT–Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented group members are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, psychology, social work, community and public health, or related field of study with at least two years of case management experience; or, a comparable combination of education and experience
Self-starter and self-reliant to work both independently and as a part of a team
Adaptable multi-tasker who is comfortable switching from one task to another, as needed, and moving forward on multiple fronts
Ability to work under stress, perform multiple tasks, provide attention to detail, and maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Good people skills and empathy for the population served including cultural considerations
Knowledge of the Microsoft Office software and the ability to learn and use institutional software systems
Willingness and ability to comply with all state and university policies