The University of Texas Permian Basin
Coordinator of Student Veteran Services & Foster Alumni Services
Office of the Dean of Students
Coordinates and manages organization, operation of Student Veterans Services and Foster Alumni Services in the Office of the Dean of Students.
Bachelor’s degree required (master’s degree preferred) and must have at least one year of related experience. Preference given to those with experience working in student affairs or enrollment services. Candidate must have knowledge of veterans’ programs and needs of student veterans. Candidate must possess good people skills and empathy for the population served including cultural considerations. Candidate must possess knowledge of the Microsoft Office software and the ability to learn and use institutional software systems. Must also comply with all state and university policies.GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and coordinates campus events for Student Veterans Services and Foster Alumni Services in the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Interviews, hires, and trains student assistants.
- Monitors budgetary information relative to wages, equipment and services.
- Assist student veterans, military affiliated students and their dependents with interpretation of federal and state laws pertaining to veterans, their heirs or beneficiaries.
- Coordinates efforts with Accounting, Financial Aid, Registrar and Admissions offices to ensure veterans secure benefits they are entitled to and assists in paperwork, benefits, coordination of benefits, claim forms and other documentation.
- Maintains data related to various benefits and services available and regulations related to services.
- Serves as the primary advisor to Student Veterans Association, a sponsored student organization.
- Oversees the Falcon Veterans Lounge.
- Assists with applications, documentations, policies and data entry. Answers questions regarding policies, practices and operations, prepares correspondence and reports.
- Ensures compliance with Texas Education Code (TEC) Section 51.9356 by serving as a liaison for students formerly in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS). Provides information to foster care alumni regarding support services; informs these students about other resources available at the institution; provide any other relevant information to assist the students through regular programming and outreach initiatives.
- Coordinates with the Office of Financial Aid and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services to identify foster care alumni. Meet with and communicate with Foster Care partners to deepen relationships, increase foster care awareness, and broaden Foster Alumni Services program. Participate in local high school special events for foster care alumni.
- Assist with programmatic initiatives in support of the goals of the Office of the Dean of Students and the Division of Student Affairs and Leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Learn more about UT Permian Basin: https://www.utpb.edu/
Apply now: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/