UT Health San Antonio - Deputy Title IX Coordinator & Investigator
In support of the University mission, responsible for conducting Title IX and Title VII investigations under the supervision of the Chief Student Affairs Officer & Title IX Director and/or the Vice President of Academic, Faculty, and Student Affairs and in consultation with the Compliance Office and/or Human Resources as needed. Primary responsibilities for this position include Title IX and Title VII investigations, Title IX and Title VII educational training and programming, and related marketing and awareness campaigns such the UT Health San Antonio Bystander Intervention program.
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Three (3) years of demonstrated human resource, compliance, student personnel, or counseling experience in higher education is required.
Master’s degree and 3-5 years of demonstrated experience with Title IX, Title VII, and/or student conduct related oversight and investigations is preferred.
- Conducts Title IX and Title VII investigations for employees in accordance with the Office of Civil Rights for both the U.S. Departments of Justice and Education, and UT System Office of General Counsel guidance and best practices. Works closely with Title IX Director, VP, Academic, Faculty, and Student Affairs, and UT Health San Antonio Legal Affairs, Compliance, and Human Resources. Position will also assist with student, faculty, resident, fellow, post-doc, and other trainee Title IX and Title VII investigations as needed. May fill in for Title IX Director when the Director off campus or unavailable.
- Oversees the EverFi training for faculty-staff and creates content when required. Assists Human Resources and Compliance with the administration and tracking of campus-wide Title IX and Title VII training for faculty and staff under supervision of Title IX Director, and in partnership with the Institutional Equity Office, and/or the VP, Academic, Faculty, and Student Affairs.
- Assists with planning, implementing, and managing logistics for campus-wide Title IX and Title VII training, education, and bystander intervention efforts with schools and Office of Student Life.
- Assist with Title IX website content maintenance and updates as needed.
- Serves a member of the core and campus-wide Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) and fills in on Threat Assessment Team in absence of supervisor. Must maintain student behavior intervention certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.