Title: Financial Wellness Debt Counselor
Division: Office of Student Services/Registrar
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Baylor Main Campus, Houston, TX
Salary Range: $40,785 - $70,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 2182
This position will be responsible for developing and implementing a robust Student Debt Management and Financial Wellness Program (presentations, webinars, workshops, individual sessions, printed materials, etc.) that meets accreditation standards (e.g. Liaison Committee on Medical Education, etc.), addresses the financial concerns of students at Baylor College of Medicine, and teaches and promotes sound financial decisions. The position will process, award financial aid in compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations, as well as counsel both current enrolled and new students regarding financial aid offers, processes, and managing debt. The position will analyze data, make professional judgments, and act independently while reporting directly to the Director of Student Financial Aid.
· Provide information regarding any programs administered by the Financial Aid Office that may be unique to the student’s field of study.
· Assist students with completing financial application forms.
· Oversee the development of the financial wellness program for all students; including but not limited to, operations and activities such as classes, workshops, advertising, and special events related to financial wellness and debt management/loan repayment.
· Develop financial wellness and education learning material and curriculum.
· Manage student financial wellness program.
· Coordinate sessions with student leaders to discuss disbursement limits, current interest rates, financial planning, debt management, and borrower rights/responsibilities prior to disbursement of loan funds and upon student’s exit from the College. Educate students on regulations regarding satisfactory academic progress.