The University of Texas Permian Basin, Coordinator, Student Life
UT Permian Basin is currently seeking a Student Life Coordinator to develop, execute, and assess various programs and activities that support the needs and foster the personal growth of students. These include late-night and weekend programs, volunteer initiatives, and traditional events.
The starting salary range for this position is $36,000-$40,000.
The general responsibilities for this position include:
• Advising the Campus Activities Board and overseeing the publicity and promotion of activities, programs, and events for students
• Developing and implementing late-night and weekend programming for students
• Coordinating off-campus trips for students, including alternative spring break
• Developing and implementing volunteer opportunities for students both on and off campus
• Maintaining healthy communication with community contacts and promoting community volunteer opportunities
• Assisting with the development and execution of traditional events, such as Welcome Week, Homecoming, FalconPalooza, Club Days, etc.
• Assisting with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of online engagement opportunities for distance education students
• Managing effective communication and promotion strategies for Student Life programs and services utilizing print, electronic, and social media resources to ensure that events and activities are well publicized and are reaching the diverse constituencies of the campus community
• Other duties, as assigned
This is an exempt 12-month position and expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position will need to be available early mornings, evenings, and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
•Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities
• All UTPB employees must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
• Preference will be given to those who have a Master’s Degree, experience with advising student organizations, and/or experience with event planning.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered. Link to job posting at the UTPB Careers site: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/postings/2354.
*Please include all required documents with your submission.
**Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, which includes a broad range of employee benefits and a generous retirement program (TRS). We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.