Director of Career and Professional Development
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was born in the spirit of community cooperation on May 27, 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is a military friendly, upper-level institution offering bachelors and master’s degrees for life’s next chapter.
The Assistant Director of Academic Support, under general direction, assists with the operation and supervision of the Department of Student Success.
· Develop, plan, and implement functions, staff, and budgets which includes Study Abroad Programs, University Tutoring Center, and learning assistance initiatives. Assists with developing programs that facilitate a successful transition and retention to the university. Provides information about programs and procedures to faculty, staff and students through outreach programs, in-service training, educational materials, presentations, promotional, and assessment activities.
· Oversees the development, implementation, and coordination of functions, staff, procedures, assessments, and budgets within the Department of Career and Professional Development. Keeps well informed of current career issues, effective practices, policy, regulations, and job market dynamics. Systematically evaluates current processes and resources in order to identify current, short-term and long-term needs related to trends in Career and Professional Development.
This document represents some of the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. *For full list of duties, please see job posting on our website.*
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Master’s degree in Counseling, Student Affairs, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ten years of professional experience in career services working directly with College students.
· Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Knowledge of College fair programs.
· Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation skills.
· Valid driver’s license.
HOURS: M-F 8am-5pm
Interested applicants MUST apply online at https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMUCT_External
**Please upload your resume and cover letter when applying**
The system will provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity and will strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout the system.
Males, age 18 through 25, must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. This position is designated as a security sensitive position and requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.
Texas A&M University Central Texas is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master's, and specialist degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of A&M-Central Texas.
Texas A&M University – Central Texas is an E-Verify institution of higher education.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas prohibits Vaping and E-Cigarettes on campus.