Director of Disability Services, Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Disability Services. The Director will provide leadership and oversight for the Office of Disability Services in the Division of Student Engagement & Success.
•Oversee daily operations of the Office of Disability Services to include managing administrative tasks such as strategic planning and assessment; budget development & administration; supervision of staff; development of program policies and procedures; outreach and consultation with campus and community members.
- Provide overall supervision of services and programs administered by the office, including coordinating and providing academic accommodations for students with disabilities. Academic accommodations include areas such as: exam administration, conversion of materials to alternate formats, assistive technology and interpreters.
- Master’s degree in Special Education, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Rehabilitation Education or a closely related field.
- Minimum of five years of related experience with increasing levels of responsibilities, providing service to individuals with disabilities.
- Five years of experience supervising professional level staff.
- Experience with program development, management, evaluation and assessment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and high level of professionalism and professional ethics
- Ability to interact effectively and professional with students, university personnel, and community members.
- Sound judgement and ability to make good decisions
- Working knowledge and understanding of ADA and other applicable federal and state laws
- Demonstrated ability to determine appropriate accommodations for students, familiarity with a wide range of disabilities.
- Ability to interpret standard psychological assessment san diagnostic methods for us in determining accommodations.
- Doctorate in Education or closely related field
- Seven years of experience providing services to individual with disabilities in an educational setting
- Experience working in higher education setting
- State of Texas, Licensed Professional Counselor, or equivalent
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To Apply visit: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMUCC_External