Associate Director Career Services, Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Description: This position is responsible for supervising the employer relations team and assisting the Director in daily operations of the department. The Associate Director will work with the Assistant Director of Employer Relations to develop recruiting plans and establish relationships with employers, faculty, and alumni to ensure opportunities for jobs and internships are current. This position will also assist with the tracking and reporting of graduate employment data and oversee and evaluate the effectiveness of career services through the assessment of outcomes and evidence-based practice.
1. Assist the Director with day-to-day operations including strategic planning, assessment and budgeting, and supervision of staff. Assist the Director with oversight of departmental processes and management of department. Prepare monthly and annual reports on student career development data.
2. Oversee the Career Services website, ensuring the ongoing maintenance of the website and that the website is current and within university and division requirements. Supervise the IT student worker.
3. Oversee the university’s electronic job posting system and encourage employer registration and use of the system.
4. Develop protocols to conduct, track and report successful account management and compile data regarding outreach efforts and overall impact on employment outcomes. Communicate this information to internal and external stakeholders periodically.
5. Tracks and reports graduate employment statistics according to all state and federally mandated gainful employment regulations. Ensures that information on graduate employment is obtained and documented in a timely manner for strategic purposes.
6. Updates and executes recruiting plans that bring employers on campus, either in-person or virtually.
7. Oversees and evaluates the effectiveness of career services through the assessment of outcomes and evidence based practice.
8. Establish relationships with employers, faculty, and alumni to ensure opportunities for jobs and internships are current.
9. Maintains current knowledge of career trends, labor market trends, occupational information, local, state, and regional employer base and career and self-assessment instruments.
10. Coordinates and hosts job fairs and other employer visits/contacts.
11. Responds to the needs of the employers in a timely and professional manner.
12. Establish good working relationships within the Division of Student Engagement and Success and academic departments and others that are key to the department’s operations.
13. Represents TAMUCC at campus events as needed both on campus and off-site.
14. Hires, supervises, develops and manages assigned staff and student workers.
15. Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Student Affairs, Communications, Counseling, or closely related fields
• Eight (8) years relevant, professional experience in a public or private higher education setting showing progressive increase in responsibilities.
• Three years of supervisory experience of professional level staff. Experience in managing and mentoring staff.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills, and strong interpersonal skills to be able to build relationships with students, employers, administration, faculty, staff, alumni and parents.
• Excellent professional judgement skills and demonstrated effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to perform and knowledge of administrative duties such as: budgeting and expenditures of resources, strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.