Title: Assistant Student Services Director
Division: Office of Student Services/Registrar
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Baylor Main Campus, Houston, TX
Salary Range: Up to $62,370
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 1688
The Assistant Director of Student Services assists the Associate Provost of Student Services in the design, presentation and implementation of student success programs that will provide academic support and foster wellness and resilience within the student population at Baylor College of Medicine. This position also assists the Associate Provost, the Director of Career Development and other Student Services unit leaders with planning, developing and managing a variety of student services projects and initiatives. In addition, the position is responsible for developing and teaching self- assessment/self-discovery and skill-building workshops and courses that will enhance students’ capacity for academic success and readiness for a variety of professional/work environments.
- Provide supervision to oversee product selection, services offered, and program implementation for the Academic Success Center.
- Supervise professional and student staff members in the Academic Support Center as appropriate.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures relevant to student services and professional development programming for all BCM students.
- Assist in the design, and implementation of programs that respond to student and trainee professional development needs across degree programs and major areas of study, and that are culturally appropriate and inclusive.
- Organize general and targeted skill building courses on various academic support topics as needed aimed at students, faculty or staff members.
- Support school and program efforts to provide tutoring and academic support by providing access to resources and offering individual consultations for students and trainees as needed.
- Participate in educating students about the professional, social and communications skills that they will need to be successful in the workplace.
- Coordinate student services programming (e.g. wellness, veterans) and review of outcomes to ensure programming is relevant, effective and relates to the current needs of students and trainees and apply the information to improve future offerings.
- Management of and participation in the student services committees and organized groups (e.g. Student Services Committee, Student Appeals and Grievances Committee).
- Serve as the Office of Student Services’ point of contact for prospective students, school, program, and visiting student orientations and orientation programming.
- Support efforts to ensure that the portfolio of programs meets requirements of accreditation and funding agencies. Work with student leaders and organizations to plan social events with the support of the Office of Student Services.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Veterans Affairs Student Services and programming.
- Support other administrative units as needed, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Required: Master's Degree in a related field.
- Experience: None required.
- Education: PhD.
- Experience: Five year of relevant experience.
Knowledge of career paths (both academic and non-academic) preferred. Accomplished and effective communicator: superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, group presentation skills, and proven ability to work with diverse constituencies.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.