Assistant Director of Student Engagement and Transition Programs
Institution:The University of Texas at Tyler
Admin - Student Affairs and Services
Open Until Filled
$3,333.33 to $4,125.00 USD Per Month
Earliest Start Date
Hours per Week
40.00 Standard from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Required Application Materials
A resume, letter of Interest, and a list of 3 professional references is required in order to apply. Please combine all documents into one prior to uploading.
Purpose of Position
This position provides leadership in the development and implementation of student engagement, transition and retention programs. This position will supervise and manage student transition and persistence initiatives, including New Patriot Orientation, Parent and Family programs, First Year Experience, Sophomore Year Experience and Patriot Mentor Programs.
- Facilitate student persistence programs including the Patriot Strong Student Persistence and Retention Team. Patriot Strong facilitation includes the management of student enrollment and retention alerts utilizing student success management systems, tracking student enrollment and retention data and conducting training, outreach and development of initiatives to improve retention and graduation rates.
- Facilitate data analysis, tracking, reporting and assessment of university transition, retention and persistent programs.
- Provide support, oversight, and leadership to programs that relate to departmental initiatives, retention efforts, and collaboration with other departments to further the mission and goals of the University and the Division.
- Supervise and support departmental programs and staff in areas including but not limited to New Student Orientation, First-Year Experience Programs, Mentor Program, and Parent & Family Programs, University wide community engagement programs (e.g. Welcome Week, Homecoming).
- Perform administrative tasks, assist with strategic planning, departmental assessment and evaluation of programs; manage the development of the annual budgets and the effective use of department resources.
- Provide marketing and conduct departmental outreach regarding programs and initiatives.
- Serve on university and UT System committees as necessary.
- Master's degree
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Two years of experience in Student Affairs area
- Willingness to work nontraditional office hours, nights, and weekends.
- Master's degree in Student Affairs field
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis related to University level retention or persistence programs
- Five or more years of experience in Student Affairs
- Experience supervising full-time employees.
- May work around standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
Office of Human Resources
The University of Texas at Tyler
Online App. Form:http://www.uttyler.edu/human-resources/prospective-employees/staff-openings.php