Student Services Coordinator
Business Professionals School of Nursing19000136
Apply for Job
Share this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
The Student Services Coordinator is responsible for leading the UT Health San Antonio School of Nursing student services including new student orientations, white coat ceremonies, career fairs, and commencements; oversee student leadership development; serve as liaison to student organizations, student government, and faculty advisors; assist with scholarship administration; and coordinate school-wide communication efforts, while serving as a liaison with university departments and community partners. This position is under the pervue of the Assistant Dean for Academic Enhancement in the Student Success Center.
1. Responsible for the planning, advisement, and assessment of all student services events within the Student Success Center including three annual new student orientations and white coat ceremonies, two annual career fairs, two commencements, and various student organization/leadership events. Serves as the primary liaison between the school and all external vendors and university departments.
2.Serve as co-collaborator for the development, maintenance, and support of the school’s student organizations and faculty advisors. Advises Nursing Student Council with initiatives and programs to aid in unity, identity, and spirit within the school of nursing.
3. Manage the Student Success Center Student Leadership Development program, including the bi-annual student leadership retreat. The Student Services Coordinator is responsible for selecting the annual student leadership theme, common read, and curriculum for integration into every nursing student leadership program.
4. Provide support to the Assistant Dean for Academic Enhancement and the Office of Financial Aid in the administration of need and merit-based scholarships for the school of nursing; coordinate the intake of participants to the disposition of the awards; generate award letters to admitted students and renewal letters to current students. Post awards to student accounts and initiate adjustments as needed. Collect data and disseminate reports to clear system and institutional audits
5. Develop and deliver Financial Literacy curriculum and presentations for School of Nursing students that would include scholarship, budget management, financial aid, and loan repayment information.
6. Support the Committee on Faculty and Student Matters (COFSM) as the student services liaison and with crisis management to provide emergency aid to nursing students. Serves on school, departmental, and institutional committees.
7. Administer all school-wide communication efforts to students, staff, and faculty through various mediums of communication (email, digital marketing, and face-to-face). Communication may pertain to internal and external constituents and can be related to employment, NCLEX-prep vendors, or social activities. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Bachelors degree is required. Masters degree in student affairs, higher education, or a related field is preferred.
Two (2) years or more of related experience is required.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, CRM systems, database programs, and website content management systems. Aptitude in learning new technology quickly is needed.
Qualified applicants may apply: https://uthscsa.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/student-services-coordinator-1029?et=2hNKphbZ