Associate Director, Career Services – Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
Oversee all aspects of career development services including: supervising, mentoring, and evaluating career counselors, and counseling practicum/interns. Assure the ongoing professional development of all personnel within assigned area.
Assist the Director with day-to-day operations including: strategic planning, assessment and budgeting, and supervision of staff. Assist the Director with oversight of departmental processes and management of department. Prepare monthly and annual reports on student career development data. Oversee the Career Services website, ensuring the ongoing maintenance of the website and that the website is current and within university and division requirements.
Serve as a liaison to assigned academic colleges/programs to build collaborations with faculty, staff, academic administrators, and student organizations in order to integrate career development and exploration into curricular and cocurricular programming.
Establish good working relationships within the Division of Student Engagement and Success and academic departments and others that are key to the department’s operations. Participate in university wide events, committees, and special projects. Plan, design, and oversee the delivery of career development workshops.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, or closely related field.
• Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Professional Counselor – Supervisor, Licensed Professional Counselor – Intern, or National Certified Counselor (NCC).
• Eight (8) years relevant, professional experience in a public or private higher education setting showing progressive increase in responsibilities.
• Additional education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirements.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), computers, and databases.
• Experience supervising professional staff, including counselors and counselors-in-training.
• Excellent verbal and written communication; strong presentation skills, and strong interpersonal skills to be able to build relationships with students, employers, administration, faculty, staff, alumni and parents.
• Demonstrated effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to perform and knowledge of administrative duties such as: budgeting and expenditures of resources, strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
• Experience in a university career center.
• Knowledge of online employment/job search systems.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Associate-Director_R-016070-1