Job Title Director, Conference & Event Services
The Union Administration Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Director, Conference & Event Services to join our team. The primary purpose of this position is to oversee all aspects of event planning and management services. Areas of oversight include scheduling, event planning, technical services, event set ups, and event implementation. Events will include camps and conferences for both internal and external clients. Coordinates and collaborates with various campus entities and other stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Participates in the senior management team and provides assistance in planning and assessment of services relative to functional areas.
* Develops strategic direction for all areas of operation.
* Hires and oversees staff including hiring, training, evaluation, coaching, and professional development.
* Provides excellence in customer service to all clients and constituents.
* Budget preparation, allocation, and monitoring for functional areas.
* Stays current on best practices for conference and event services.
* Builds relationships with partners and stakeholders to meet the goals of the department and university.
* Assures adequate risk assessment and response for scheduled events.
* Participates in University committees and planning groups as appropriate for position.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Extensive knowledge of event planning, event management, and event implementation.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships.
* Ability to supervise, train, and plan work of subordinates.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
* Skill in use of computer, Microsoft office and/or other software.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree with five years of experience in event management and supervision.
* ACUI and ACEED-I knowledge and/or membership.
* Experience with Event Management System (EMS) and CVENT software programs.
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=65483
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.