Coordinator for Student Engagement - #494918
Setzer Student Center
The Coordinator for Student Engagement will provide leadership through coordination and participation in developing workshops and retreats, student staff selection and training, fiscal oversight, assessment and marketing to support student organizations. The Coordinator will also provide support and assistance within the Setzer Student Center by assisting with Homecoming, student tailgates, and signature Setzer Student Center programs. The Coordinator will report to the Associate Director for Programming and Events.
- Provide leadership and direction for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) composed of 200 organizations; advise and provide training opportunities to student organization leaders and faculty/staff advisors
- Develop, implement and assess comprehensive leadership curricula for ongoing student organization leader training; build a framework of need-based training to accommodate varied levels of student leadership development.
- Coordinate registration and oversight of student organizations; maintain accurate information such as rosters, constitutions, by-laws and databases for student organizations and student leadership, as well as faculty/staff advisors.
- · Assist new student organizations to ensure adherence and compliance to all student organization guidelines, requirements and documentation throughout the entire year
- Develop and host advisor luncheons to maintain positive relationships with RSO faculty/staff advisors
- Plan and coordinate student organization initiatives such as the Student Involvement Fair and RSO participation in university events, i.e. Cardinal View.
- Coordinate trainings and workshops on RSO policies and procedures, OrgSync, Anti-Hazing, Risk Management, Fiscal Training, and other related leadership topics for student organizations.
- Coordinate student participation in major University initiatives such as Graduation Commencement; Cardinal View; Homecoming; Week of Welcome; New Student Orientations; Student Leadership Conference; and other programs as they arise.
- Work closely with the Associate Director for Greek Life on: leadership development, training, expansion, recruitment, retention, educational programming, risk management and adherence to policies, procedures and standards of the fraternity and sorority community.
- Assist the University Finance and Procurement Office (i.e., Budget, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Office) with coordinating student organization financial paperwork and managing student organization accounts (i.e. coordinating Registered Student Organization Fiscal Certification and Training, etc.).
- Develop and manage the Student Organization Resource room within the Setzer Student Center. Facilitate the coordination of the storage room and lockers and assigning the work stations for the RSOs.
- Hire, train and supervise student organization assistants and student accountants.
- · Ensure student organizations are abiding by federal, state, and Texas State University System Rules and Regulations, University Policies including but not limited to all rules and policies in the University Student Code of Conduct, Registered Student Organization Handbook and Fiscal Manual, Setzer Student Center Operations policies, and any other related University policies for Registered Student Organizations.
- · Assist the Associate Director for Programming and Events to administer the use of OrgSync software.
- · Facilitate Co-Sponsorship funds process with the Committee of Student Organizations. Oversee the application, approval process and the distribution of these funds.
- · Maintain the Student Programs webpage; continuously update webpage and University marketing materials related to Student Programs and provide online resources for student organization leaders and advisors
- · Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the Associate Director for Programming and Events, or designee.
§ Master’s degree in student personnel, counseling, higher education or related field must be obtained by the effective date of the appointment.
§ Graduate assistantship experience working in a higher education setting with preference in student involvement, activities, programming, and/or student organizations.
§ Proficient in OrgSync, Collegiate Link, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and similar programs
§ Strong supervisory, event planning, marketing/advertising, and budgeting experience
§ Strong skills in facilitating co-curricular programs, workshops, and retreats.
A resume, letter of interest and complete contact information for three professional references is required.
All applications must be submitted through Lamar University - https://jobs.lamar.edu.