Coordinator: Veterans Resource Center
Institution: Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
Department: Student Engagement & Success
The Veteran Resource Center Coordinator is responsible for creating, developing and guiding activities and programs for student veterans that focus on transition to college, academic success, personal development and well-being. The coordinator will create and promote veteran friendly services while fostering an increased awareness on campus as to the educational needs of student veterans.
- Coordinate all program activities, events and programs as it relates to transition and support of
- Provide orientation and transition programs for student veterans.
- Collaborate with various offices on and off campus to support student veterans.
- Oversee promotional material, social media information and program website.
- Oversee operation of the Veterans Resource Center and Veterans Lounge.
- Oversee the Veterans’ Lending Book Library.
- Work in collaboration with the Dean of Students in advocating for student veterans.
- Serve on university committees and special projects, participate in relevant community events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One (1) year of experience developing and implementing programs.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and visionary skills.
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to work as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with veterans of recent wars, veteran groups
and related agencies.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external offices and stakeholders.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Higher Education Administration, College Student
Personnel or closely related field.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in a related field.
- Experience in collegiate setting supporting student success.
- Experience working with student veterans or non-traditional student population.
- Experience designing, implementing and assessing educational, support and/or social programs.
- Knowledge of issues impacting veterans and specific challenges facing military-connected students
transitioning from the military or other institutions of higher education into a university.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal resources for veterans.
- Prior military service that included leadership assignments.
Pay Range: $3,042.67 - $3,166.67/monthly
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and application online at: http://hr.tamucc.edu/jobopportunity.html