Director, Career Services and Testing Center
Department: Student Affairs
Supervisor: Vice President for Student Affairs
Location: UST Location
The University of St. Thomas (www.stthom.edu), a private catholic university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking a Director, Career Services and Testing Center. The Director is charged with transformation of the Career Services Center into an innovative hub for Student Success. The position oversees all aspects of the Career Services and Testing Center (CSTC) and includes supervision and development of CSTC staff, budgetary management, student career development and oversight of test administration. The Director reports directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs and works in accordance with the Catholic Basilian and University values of Goodness, Discipline, Knowledge, and Community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary oversight of the Career Services and Testing Center and supervision of staff.
- Prepare and monitor the budget for Career Services and Testing Center.
- Supervise career services activities, including Handshake, the online career services system; student employment program and initiatives; internship program and other experiential learning; mentoring programs; CSTC website; on-campus recruiting, job fairs and other career development events and activities.
- Provide career services—including counseling, assessments, and workshops—to students and alumni.
- Represent CSTC in marketing career services off campus and in collaborative efforts on-campus.
- Establish business liaisons in order to build recruitment on campus.
- Oversee the broad function of recruitment and development of potential employers for the purpose of hiring UST undergraduates and graduates for full-time positions and experiential learning opportunities.
- Develop professional correspondence and marketing pieces.
- Utilize the Career Services webpage, social media sites and campus publications to engage the campus community in Career Services.
- Conduct assessments of and develop reports on career and testing services.
- Collaborate with the Office of Alumni Relations on alumni/student initiatives as well as to develop and maintain an alumni career network.
- Oversee the delivery of testing services, including coordination of services for students with disabilities, make up exams, and correspondence exams.
- Participate as an active member of the Houston Area Consortium of Career Centers.
- Execute yearly goals and any additional tasks assigned by the Vice President for Student Affairs, and/or the President.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in student development, higher education administration, counseling, or business.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience working in an active and innovative Career Services environment.
- Innovative and creative thinker that can work collaboratively internally and externally to bring transformational change to Career Services at the University.
- Strong communication skills—oral and written.
- Effective organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Effective managerial and supervisory skills.
- Engaging and effective presentation skills.
- Computer skills that include word processing, database creation and management, PowerPoint, and internet.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Experience with online career services systems.
- Financial / Budget management skills.
- Experience working effectively with students, faculty, staff of the university, as well as corporate partners and the professional business community.
- · Willingness to establish linkages through professional affiliations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.
This is a full-time, year round, benefit-eligible position. Regular evening work and occasional weekend work will be required. To apply, please send a resume, a cover letter and salary requirements to the email below. Please note incomplete applications will not be considered.
Human Resources - Ref: 4318
University of St. Thomas
Houston, TX 77006
The University St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer