CAREER DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
4 POSTIONS AVAILABLE!
The University of North Texas Career Center is the centralized career office responsible for the career development and employment of all UNT students and alumni. It has responsibility for all Student Employment, Internships, and Post-Graduate Employment of UNT Students.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Interface with students at all degree levels and alumni in assigned academic/programmatic areas.
* Analyze student's career paths, initiate career assessments, and provide advice.
* Develop and conduct workshops, assess their effectiveness and implement changes needed to engage
* Develop ongoing relationships and work cooperatively with faculty and administration in assigned areas.
* Manage the assessment of career programs and services and deliver reports to their supervisor.
* Lead job market research efforts for their assigned area, in order to provide current and relevant data to
faculty and students. Work directly with student organizations in making connections to corporate
* Provide marketing of career services to the students and faculty in the assigned department.
* Provide assistant to other units in the Career Center and perform other duties as assigned for optimal
operational success of the Career Center.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Certification: CCSP, CCC, CMCS or similar
* Knowledge of career development, resources and theories, job search techniques and technologies.
* Familiarity with career assessment tools.
Apply online: https://jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=64990
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.