Assistant Director, First Year Experience
Texas Christian University
SDS is looking for a professional passionate about welcoming incoming students to their new college community. This position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of Frog Camp, TCU’s extended orientation program held every June – August. Working closely with a student leadership board, this professional staff is expected to be available for some summer travel.
The Assistant Director First Year Experience is responsible for the coordination and implementation of orientation and/or extended orientation programs as well as on-going first year student programming to connect students to resources and developmental programs.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in the design, development, implementation, and assessment of first-year student programs, including, but not limited to, new student orientation/family orientation/extended orientation, consistent with the mission and established learning outcomes of TCU, Student Affairs, and Student Development Services.
2. Coordinates logistics for all new student orientation/family orientation and/or extended orientation programs, implementing crisis and risk management plans as appropriate for local and global experiences.
3. Keeps abreast of best practices for student development theories and trends regarding first-year students. Presents curriculum and content to students, professionals, and community members in large and small group settings.
4. Oversees the leadership development and growth of students through recruiting, hiring, training, supervising and mentoring student leaders and a graduate student intern.
5. Manages budget operations for orientation/extended orientation, including authorizing payment of invoices, purchase orders, negotiating contracts with vendors.
6. Coordinates communication with new students and families, and assists in the development of high-quality publications, brochures and materials for orientation/extended orientation activities.
7. Collaborates with administrators in vital offices and cultivates faculty partnerships to ensure their participation in the orientation/extended orientation programs.
8. Serves as a liaison to the university regarding first year student programming and experiences.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel Services, Leadership Development, or a related field of study.
- 2 years of program management experience in a higher education environment including, but not limited to, advising, teaching, or facilitating student development and experiential education.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this position, please visit TCU Human Resources at https://tcu.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Welcome.asp