Director, Student Housing and Residential Life
The Director of Student Housing and Residential Life will serve as the senior housing officer and works closely with the Dean of Students in facilitating a safe, comfortable, and welcoming residential experience while creating a physical and psychological environment conducive to academic success. Primarily responsible for leading and supervising a comprehensive residential life program including the development and evaluation of policies, procedures, and goals. Responsible for and provides leadership in the day to day business aspect of a residence life program. Provide direction in building a community that is focused on student development, is culturally rich, socially minded, and respectful of diversity. Serves as a Campus Security Authority as defined by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus crime Statistics Act (Clery Act).
- Direct daily operations of the department (300 bed building) including developing/administrating policies and procedures, hiring, training, and supervising residence life staff, overseeing budget and billing/collection of housing charges/fees, coordinating housing application process, creating and confirming room and roommate assignments, maintaining student housing records, key distribution, room inspections, security, and closing procedures. Coordinate regular building and community meetings. Develop and maintain university-wide relations with Facilities, Police, Counseling, Health Services, etc. Responsible for summer conference housing as the need develops.
- Provide policies and procedures interpretation; enforce all student code of conduct and housing polices.
- Provide leadership for and coordinates residence hall social, educational, cultural, service, and recreational programs and workshops.
- Assist hall staff in mediating roommate conflicts and following-up on student issues and concerns. Respond to emergency situations including issues regarding adjusting to campus life, roommate issues, threat of suicide, eating disorders, substance abuse, etc. Is an on-call position, living off-campus.
- Develop and create housing publications, orientation materials, and website and social media presence.
- Coordinate on-going assessment and evaluation of residential student learning outcomes, resident satisfaction and retention rates, and needs assessment.
- Serve on the CARE Team (Crisis Awareness and Response Emergency). Assists in coordination of hurricane/weather evacuation; travels with students to evacuation site.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Students and Associate Vice President for Student Services.
1. Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, Counseling, or related field.
2. Three years of full-time residence life leadership in higher education.
3. Experience with student judiciary processes.
4. . Knowledge of student development and experience developing programs and working with both traditional aged and adult students in higher education.
5. Expert knowledge of student residential life services and programming.
6. Must have ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, ability to take initiative for projects and development of services within office as needed.
7. Must have strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills. Must have excellent public relations skills and ability to collaborate with diverse constituencies.
8. Must have strong computer skills especially in the areas of word processing, desktop publishing, and database management. Experience maintaining social media outlets and developing user-friendly web resources.
9. Must have a working knowledge of student due process rights.
10. Knowledge of cultural differences.
11. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Five years of full-time University residence life administration.
Experience/working knowledge of RMS/Mercury. Experience with university/college residential/housing management systems.
Experience with student information systems and with student conduct database systems.
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Notes to Applicant:
Full-time position with benefits. Background check is required. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a cover letter and resume. Applications without the required documents will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
Salary: $5,360.54 - $6,968.70 per month
Organization: C0168 Student Housing & Resid. Life
Job Posting: Aug 14, 2018, 4:28:10 PM