Job TitleAssociate Director of Inclusion
AgencyTexas A&M University - Commerce
DepartmentLeadership Engagement & Development
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCommerce, Texas
APPLICANT: Before you apply please have all documents available to upload during the application process. See Instructions below
The Associate Director of Inclusion will work closely with the Director of L.E.A.D. in developing and implementing strategic diversity and inclusion initiatives for students. The incumbent will be key in engaging the student campus community on matters related to inclusion, developing and implementing strategies to integrate effective, inclusive practices, and monitoring and evaluating progress in creating a more diverse and inclusive campus environment for the students. Serving as a consultant to individual students, student organizations, and staff on a broad range of strategies, opportunities, and initiatives that will further diversity and inclusion within the Texas A&M Commerce community; researching and identifying current and emerging issues, trends, and opportunities, and developing programs and processes to promote diversity and inclusion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the day to day operation of the Serving Engaged Empowered & Diverse Students (S.E.E.D.S.) Suite
- Influences the implementation of initiatives that support the building and maintenance of a culture of inclusion for students
- Oversees the implementation, training, and evaluation of Cultural Celebration Months, Hats Off to Women Awards Luncheon, Rites of Passage Ceremonies, Courageous Conversations, Lion Peer Education Program, Tunnel of Oppression, and other inclusion based programs .
- Assist in the development of curriculum, management, and training of peer education program, Lion Peer Educators in partnership with the Associate Director of L.E.A.D.
- Designs, develops, and delivers training, programs, seminars, and other customized services that support the University’s core value of diversity
- Act as a liaison in supporting the Chief Diversity Officer’s initiatives
- Responsible for the planning, budgeting, and forecasting of diversity-related Texas A&M University – Commerce initiatives
- Provides programming assistance and oversees budget to four (4) culturally based living learning communities supporting Black/African American and Hispanic/Latino students.
- Develops and enhance current and future partnerships to enable engagement with external organizations committed to the department’s core mission
- Implements and collaborates on diversity education, cultural, and recruitment/retention programs with Campus Life and Student Development, Academic Affairs, and Enrollment Management to promote student engagement and retention
- Hires, supervises, trains, and evaluates graduate assistants and student staff employees
- Serves as a representative of the Inclusion Office at various University-sponsored and community programs, meetings, and events
- Facilitates training and workshops for residence life staff, orientation programs, and other campus constituents
- Develops assessment and implements measures, metrics and accountabilities to track the progress and impact of the department’s initiatives on the campus community
- Maintains the Inclusion website and social media pages
- Involvement in professional and national organizations
- Education: Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Six (6) years of related experience working with areas of diversity or exclusivity within student affairs/Higher Education.
- Knowledge of student development history. Experience and passion for working with diverse populations.
- Experience with campus wide programming/ workshops in the realm of diversity.
- Experience managing and creating a comprehensive budget.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Must be adept at building working relationships in order to facilitate work and be a proactive team player that has demonstrated success in taking initiative to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Student Personnel or related field.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent research, analytical, writing and quantitative skills.
- Formal diversity related coursework and or training.
- Exceptional interpersonal (communications, conflict management, negotiation) and facilitation skills for working with diverse populations and management styles.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to motivate, lead, and inspire small and large audiences.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Student Workers, Student Program Coordinators and Graduate Assistants
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: During the application process you have only one opportunity to upload documents. The page “My Experience” has a boxed area labeled “Resume/CV” to drop or upload files. Here is where you are required to drop/upload the following:
• Cover Letter
• At least 3 references and their full contact information, and
• Transcripts (if a degree is required)
Applications submitted to Texas A&M University-Commerce must have all required documents provided by the applicant. Failure to provide a completed job application could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUC_External/job/Commerce-TAMUC/Associate-Director-of-Inclusion_R-010983