Lone Star College-University Park
Advisor II 18000604
Assists supervisors and managers by ensuring the accomplishment of operational outcomes in processes or programs. Provides academic advice to a cohort of students. Serves as first line of contact for students. Provides direction and referrals to a cohort group to meet the student needs. Meets with students on a regular basis to track their success and progress reporting on progress of students and involves others to assist with their success.
1. Advises cohort of students on a campus-wide basis. Meets with students on a regular basis to track their academic progress and success
2. Tracks and provides data on cohort group including success, retention, and completion rates
3. Assists students in creating their MEP (My Educational Plan) by end of student’s first semester
4. Advises students on proper course selection for all credit degree programs, credit and noncredit certificate programs, including TSI regulations, course prerequisites, co-requisites, and associated with University Center and other colleges and universities
5. Provides career advising to students
6. Works with faculty and counselors to develop and deliver Student Success and EDUC 1300 courses
7. Works with faculty and coaches of cohort group to identify needed early interventions
8. Provides informational and training sessions related to first-time-in-college students
9. May work with local school districts on advising early college, dual credit, tech prep students and/or potential students
10. Refers students to Counselors when necessary
11. Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
12. Provides academic advice, degree planning, course selection and assisting with the enrollment process and serves as direct liaison in this regard to all students on an International student visa
13. Provides information regarding International admissions, academic advising, orientation, and other department services to individual students and groups of prospective students
14. Updates F1 student records in SEVIS system every 21 days. Maintains alerts on SEVIS system to avoid any student being terminated from the system. Prepares the necessary paperwork for those students who have fallen out of status and send to System Office
Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of related work experience.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.