- Develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive education and prevention programs focused on alcohol and other drugs as an integral part of the Division of Student Engagement & Success and in collaboration with constituencies on and off campus;
- Hire, train and supervise a Graduate Assistant and student employees to assist in the delivery of the program.
- Advise and train a group of peer educators dedicated to health and behavioral prevention efforts for a diverse campus community (I-TEAM).
- Plan and deliver educational seminars, workshops, and health promotion activities for campus student organizations, housing, and academic classes.
- Design and collaborate to appropriately distribute marketing materials including event advertising, campaign promotions, and social media outreach.
- Utilize social norms data to challenge the beliefs and expectations of campus/community constituents surrounding drug and alcohol use and abuse and other high-risk behaviors.
- Coordinate activities to secure external/grant funding for projects and extended services.
- Manage the Peer Education budget and follow all university, system and state guidelines.
- Oversee and implement risk management protocols for all programs and initiatives.
- Participate in university councils, committees, and working groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One (1) year related experience designing, implementing or assessing programs for college students.
- Demonstrated experience working with different groups.
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to work as a team member.
- Must be capable of establishing a safe and respectful environment with individuals and in group presentations.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Master’s Degree in Alcohol and Other Drug Education, Counseling, College Student Personnel, Health Promotion, Public Health or Higher Education or similar.
- Experience designing, implementing and assessing wellness programs.
- Demonstrated experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and visionary skills.
- Certified Addiction Prevention Specialist or Certified Health Profession Specialist.
Salary Range: $37,000 - $38,000
Special Note: This position will be filled September 1, 2018 or beyond.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To Apply: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Coordinator--Prevention-Programs_R-009113-1