Senior member of Student Affairs Leadership Team reporting directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs. Represents Vice President at events and meetings when needed. Provide vision and leadership in the development and administration of a vibrant campus life program that engages the entire campus community using nationally recognized best practices. Responsible for the supervision of Apartment and Residence Life, Career Development Center, Office of International Education, and Involvement and Engagement which includes Fraternity & Sorority Life & Student Organizations, Leadership Center, Student Activities, and Student Government.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide direct supervision, training and evaluation of units including Apartment and Residence Life, Career Development Center, Office of International Education, and Involvement and Engagement (Fraternity & Sorority Life & Student Organizations, Leadership Center, Student Activities & and Student Government) which is comprised of 70 professional staff members.
2. Assist the Vice President in the planning and administration of the Division of Student Affairs. Provide vision for the development and implementation of a comprehensive division. Provide leadership for reporting departments in the areas of planning, human resources, policy development, operations, facilities, and budgets.
3. Maintain existing successful student programs and develop new programs that ensure a comprehensive student life program. Create a welcoming and vibrant community among a diverse student body including undergraduate and graduate students and a rich mix of residential, commuter, and online students.
4. Foster effective collaborative partnerships with faculty, academic departments, staff, senior administrators, parents, and students to provide a seamless holistic learning environment that blends the classroom and out-of-classroom experience. Develop relationships with alumni, community stakeholders and potential employers that assist our students in securing internships and employment after graduation.
5. Lead special projects for the VPSA and serve on University and Division committees. Serve as a liaison for Student Affairs to departmental units and community agencies, working collaboratively. Attend meetings and events on behalf of the VPSA when needed. Serve as a member of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) for campus emergency preparedness.
6. Ensure compliance with UT System and UT Arlington policies, state and federal laws and regulations including assistance with campus-wide crisis/emergency response and provides support to students and families in emergency situations.
7. Other duties as assigned
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.