Career Coordinator – Center for Career and Professional Development, Stephen F. Austin State University
This is a professional position responsible for assisting in the operations and programming of the Center for Career and Professional Development at Stephen F. Austin State University. Responsible for coordinating professional student development programs; conducting presentations related to department services; planning events and workshops; developing and implementing marketing strategies; and supervising assigned staff, including student and graduate assistants. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Assistant Director, Center for Career and Professional Development.
Essential job functions:
- 1. Plans and delivers educational programs and services.
2. Assists with on-campus recruiting and interviewing.
3. Coaches students regarding job-search strategies and job-search skill development including professional document preparation, interview techniques, networking and employer research.
4. Coordinates and delivers career-related presentations, programs and events to the campus community.
5. Coordinates and/or collaborates with college staff to support career initiatives in assigned colleges.
6. Markets department services to students, employers, alumni, faculty and staff.
7. Assists with developing departmental learning and development outcomes and tools for collecting data.
8. Prepares and analyzes various special, quarterly, monthly and ad hoc reports.
9. Supervises and trains assigned student assistants.
10. Stays abreast of national, state, and local hiring practices, employment trends and other labor related issues.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of student development theory as it relates to career development.
3. Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet, database and word processing software.
4. Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to individuals and groups.
5. Ability to set priorities and complete assignments on time.
6. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
7. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
8. Ability to work patiently and effectively with students.
9. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
10. Ability to train and supervise others.
Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, public relations, counseling, psychology or a related area is required. Related experience may be substituted for required education on a basis set forth by the Department of Human Resources. One year of related experience is required. Experience with coordinating programs and activities, event planning and/or public speaking is required. Experience related to student development is preferred. Master’s degree in counseling, higher education, college student personnel or related field is preferred.
The position closes on May 18. Apply online at http://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/2616.