Administrative Assistant to the Dean Job Number: 4799UD
Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business Date Posted: March 19 2018
WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas is a private university that leads in academics and has been consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the top 10 Catholic colleges in the West and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
UD is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to the Dean who will serve as the first contact for internal and external contacts for the College performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties. This individual will have the opportunity to work independently within the University and College of Business policies and procedures.
• Schedule and manage meetings for the Dean and coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings and college-wide meetings.
• Coordinate events, including conferences, seminars and conference calls including event planning, organization, and execution of college activities, and manage all meeting details such as room reservations, preparing agendas, securing necessary IT equipment, initializing presentations, catering, and attendee updates.
• Prepare domestic and international travel arrangements including air, hotel, ground transportation and itineraries for the Dean.
• Review, assess, route, and monitor the Dean’s correspondence and emails as requested.
• Prepare draft letters and some presentations, and review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, follow through on issues in a timely manner.
• Serves as principal point of contact and source of information for customers of the Dean’s office including faculty, students, staff, and external guests.
• Maintain and protect highly confidential information and communicate information within scope of authority.
• This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
· High school diploma plus two years of college or equivalent work experience required.
· Four years of experience in a professional office setting supporting senior leadership in a growing organization.
· Proficiency in current Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Bachelor’s degree.
· This individual will directly report to the Manager of Administrative Operations.
· This position is often the initial contact of the Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business Dean’s office to internal and external stakeholders and must maintain a cheerful, professional, and flexible demeanor in a busy office setting.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; free tuition for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/
The University of Dallas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The university does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, age or disability in the administration of its employment practices.