THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON LOCKHEED MARTIN CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER
TITLE: Administrative Assistant I
EARLIEST START DATE: As soon as possible SALARY: $2750.00 - $3000/monthly (negotiable depending on qualifications)
PURPOSE: This position will provide administrative support service to the Career Development Center’s routine business activities. It will be responsible for a variety of administrative duties in the department requiring moderate exercise of independent judgement, initiative, and ability to make decisions relative to office operations. Responsible for some financial and administrative services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with processing financial transactions including purchases orders, voucher payments, procurement cards, statement of accounts, travel arrangements, and prepare travel reimbursements.
2. Process daily deposits for incoming payments.
3. Orders office supplies for copy room/break room as needed.
4. Organizes meetings and workshops. Orders food, prepares agendas ahead of time, takes minutes.
5. Interpret administrative decisions and policies, understand University procedures, and make sound decisions.
6. Serve as back up for the front desk.
7. Process documentation and paperwork for employee positions and maintains personnel records, including attendance and timekeeper documents for staff members.
8. Assists with some administrative projects for the Career Development Center including annual records retention, technology audit, space audit, etc.
9. Serve as the administrative liaison with other units on campus and outside entities. Performs other duties assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree with one year upper level secretarial experience or high school with five years of increasingly responsible administrative, secretarial and clerical experience with one year of supervisory experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working in a full-time, professional position in a university of college. PeopleSoft Experience. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
WORKING CONDITIONS: General office conditions, with the majority of time spent working at a computer. Professional activities and participation in Student Affairs may include off site meetings. Repetitive use of keyboard at work station. Use of manual dexterity. Ability to lift up to 25lbs. Monday – Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Some evening and weekend work will be required. Security sensitive, criminal background check conducted.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume, cover letter and reference list online or at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/4441