THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON LOCKHEED MARTIN CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER
TITLE: Employer Outreach Specialist
EARLIEST START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $3125.00 - $3750/monthly (negotiable depending on qualifications)
PURPOSE: The Employer Outreach Specialist will support the University and Center’s goal to grow and maintain the employer partnership base. The position will support the Career Development Center’s Employer Relations team. This position will be highly visible position within the campus community and employers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cultivate and maintain relationships with employers in order to increase employment opportunities for students and alumni. Includes preparing an employer outreach strategy, reaching out to employers via phone/email and in-person (being an initial contact with employers) to acquaint them with our services.
2. Work with employers to develop marketing strategies for enhancement of employer presence on campus, which includes, but not limited to, campus recruitment, job postings, internships, and job fairs.
3. Compile and report data on employer relations activities, access employer relations efforts, and provide feedback as to the effectiveness of such efforts.
4. Assist in the planning and implementation of job fairs, networking events, employer panels, information tables, on-campus interviews, etc.
5. Assist in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the Center’s job database. Regularly input positions, maintain records, activate contact and employer accounts.
6. Provide support in the development of marketing and strategies to reach out to employers, students, and academic departments regarding Employer Relations activities. Includes sending mass emails (newsletter). Act as a liaison between the Center, academic colleges/schools, and departments including Development and Alumni Relations.
7. Attend conference, local/regional meetings, workshops, and webinars regarding career planning and recruiting trends.
8. Ability to work autonomously and in team environment. Work occasional weekends and evenings as assigned. Performs other duties as necessary to support the mission and vision of the Career Development Center and the University of Texas at Arlington.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, psychology or related field. One year professional level experience working in higher education OR in industry. Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Strong written and verbal communications skills are essential. Excellent customer service and organizational skills. Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize a heavy workload. Self-starter with high initiative who focuses on quality deliverables. Open to new ideas and concepts. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, autonomous decision-making.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree. Experience using Handshake, career management platform, a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: General office conditions, with the majority of time spent working at a computer. Professional activities and participation in Student Affairs may include off site meetings. Repetitive use of keyboard at work station. Use of manual dexterity. Ability to lift up to 25lbs. Monday – Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Some evening and weekend work will be required. Security sensitive, criminal background check conducted.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume, cover letter and reference list online or at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/4485