University Center Coordinator
The Texas A&M-University Corpus Christi University Center (UC) is accepting applications for the UC Coordinator. The UC coordinator is primarily responsible for marketing and promotional efforts of the UC and managing Breakers game room. By establishing relationships with the campus community and creating collaboration opportunities with departments and organizations on campus, the UC Coordinator highlights the UC as the center of campus life. This position supervises student employees in Breakers game room, University Center Programs student employees, and a graduate assistant.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mange the department’s marketing and promotional activities. Promote department services and UC resources to the University community and greater Coastal Bend community through a variety of methods. Maintain content for departmental website and manage social media accounts for accurate, timely, engaging, and visually appealing information.
- Advise and lead the University Center Programs student employees to implement promotional activities and traditional campus events for the purpose of engaging students in the UC to build a sense of belonging and community (e.g., Late Night Breakfast, Study Break Center, UCP Radio, Islander’s Eye, art displays, etc.).
- Hire, supervise, train, and evaluate student employees and graduate assistant(s). Assist with creation and delivery of departmental student staff training.
- Manage and lead Breakers Game Room daily activities and special events, such as tournaments and game days.
- Ensure quality service, programmatic success, participant safety and facility security and cleanliness. Ensure safety of users and staff as well as security of facilities. Document any safety and security concerns following established protocols.
- Serve as a member of the UC staff, assisting with general department activities such as event management, emergency preparations and evacuations, strategic planning, annual goal setting, and budget development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One (1) year experience in marketing, public relations, and/or event planning (one year full-time or 2 years part-time/graduate assistantship).
- Ability to understand, interpret, apply, and uphold policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Experience managing social media accounts (creating & scheduling media content).
- Basic understanding of graphic design and software.
- Capacity to multitask complex assignments in a fast-paced environment and use technology to accomplish responsibilities.
- Experience designing and implementing leadership training for student leaders or student employees.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work frequent evenings/weekends scheduled in advance and on short notice.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Master’s degree in higher education, marketing, public relations, graphic design, or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience working with marketing, public relations, or event planning in a college union and/or higher education environment.
- Experience with budget development and management.
- Knowledge of risk management, experiential learning, and assessment techniques.
- Experience supervising employees.
- Intermediate knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite
- Intermediate knowledge using Cascade web management system.
Salary Range: $36,512 to $40,250
FMI: email@example.com, 361-825-5202
Review full posting and apply at https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/University-Center-Coordinator_R-036075-1.