Assistant Director, Diversity and Inclusion
Institution: Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Department: Division of Student Engagement & Success
The Division of Student Engagement and Success at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is accepting applications for an Assistant Director for Diversity and Inclusion. The Assistant Director for Diversity and Inclusion in the Division of Student Engagement and Success will supervise the full-time Coordinator for Prevention Programs and will directly advise the Islander Cultural Alliance in the creation and delivery of events, trainings, and workshops to engage students in creating an open, welcoming and inclusive campus that celebrates and embraces diversity. Responsible for budget development and management.
- · Advise and lead the Islander Cultural Alliance in the creation and delivery of diversity celebrations and educational programs, select and train organization leadership, and attend all meetings and events, as appropriate.
- · Create and deliver trainings and workshops to prepare students to succeed in a diverse world
- · Provide programs and services to address the needs of special populations on campus including women students, veterans, LGBTQ+ students and others.
- · Supervise a full-time Coordinator responsible for Prevention Programming who will lead campus efforts to develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive evidence-based education and prevention programs including the use of peer educators to deliver alcohol and other drug, health, and other behavioral prevention efforts.
- · Supervise, train, and develop Graduate Assistant staff as budgeted.
- · Manage departmental budgets for each programming area. Develop campus and community partnerships and collaborations to secure external/grant funding for projects and extended services.
- · Create and manage, in collaboration with stakeholders, the strategic plan for each program area. Create and administer assessment of programs and services, report findings, program statistics, and other outcome data.
- · Oversee and implement risk management protocols for all unit programs and initiatives.
- · Participate in university councils, committees and working groups. Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
- · Six years’ experience in student affairs work or related specialty area.
- · Additional education may be used as a substitution for the minimum experience requirement.
- · Experience designing, implementing or assessing diversity programs for college students.
- · Demonstrated experience working with people from diverse backgrounds. Must be capable of establishing a safe and respectful environment with individuals and in group presentations.
- · Demonstrated experience and willingness to work as a team member.
- · Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- · Master’s Degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Counseling, Health Promotion, Public Health or related field.
- · Four years full-time experience designing, implementing and assessing programs on a university campus.
- · Certified presenter of SafeZone and/or other inclusion trainings.
- · Experience advising student organizations.
- · Experience with health promotion initiatives on a college campus.
- · Demonstrated leadership experience and visionary skills.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and application online at http://hr.tamucc.edu/jobopportunity.html.
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Human Resources
6300 Ocean Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412
361-825-2630 (p) 361-825-5871 (f)http://hr.tamucc.edu
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity.