McLENNAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
POSITION TITLE: SUCCESS COACH, Support & Empowerment Program Submit the following: DIVISION: Student Success MCC Employment Application
SALARY GROUP: Exempt Cover letter
CLASS RANGE: PS-B Copies of College Transcripts
ANNUAL SALARY: Minimum $40,872 Resume Application will not be considered until ALL required documents are received Position contingent upon grant funding. *****POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED*****
LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO EXEMPLIFY OUR COLLEGE VALUES: Communications: We will be open and courageous in our communication with students and with one another. We will communicate decisions and the reasons for them.
Excellence: We will strive for excellence in all that we do. We will actively plan for the future, seeking new and innovative ways to accomplish our mission.
Inclusiveness: We will seek to appreciate and understand our students and each other, actively seeking different viewpoints. We will work to create a welcoming environment where our diverse community of students and employees learn, teach, and work together.
Integrity: We will work with the highest level of integrity, taking responsibility for all of our actions. We will tell the truth and seek to be fair in our decision-making and actions.
People: We will be honest, humble, respectful, and gracious to our students and to each other. We best serve our students, colleagues, and community when we work as a team.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION: Establish an ongoing coaching relationship with Workforce MCC students who qualify for the Support and Empowerment Program, with an overall goal of fostering academic and personal success to increase retention and completion rates of at-risk populations. Plan, administer, measure and report on the impact of services of the Support and Empowerment Program in accordance with grant guidelines. This position receives general supervision from the Associate Director, Completion Center. Project is a grant-funded program and is contingent upon continued grant funding.
NOTE: This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for this position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: More than one year professional experience.
Education: Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, Education, or similar helping field from an accredited College or University.
Experience: Two years’ experience in higher education or social service setting.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Knowledge of:
(1) Student development theory.
(2) Human behavior and performance, individual differences in ability, personality and interests, learning and motivation, assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders, and their applications to students in a community college setting.
(3) Evidence-based practices for intervention with at-risk student populations including, but not limited to single parents, low income, individuals experiencing homelessness, individuals with disabilities, veterans, survivors of domestic violence, and individuals with varying immigration status.
(4) Pertinent federal, state, and college laws, rules, and regulations.
(5) College policies and procedures pertaining to admissions, financial aid, educational program requirements, record keeping (ex: FERPA) and Title IX.
(6) Campus and community resources; and how to broker those resources for the needs of students. Skills in:
(7) Proficiency with software applications such as Microsoft Office, Prezi, Datatel, Pharos360, TrueDialog and Brightspace.
(8) Budgeting and reporting.
(9) Effective program development, marketing, and evaluation.
(10) Effective methods and techniques of student coaching.
(11) Counseling techniques, including but not limited to active listening, exhibiting positive emotional authenticity, calmness under pressure, compassion, empathy, and understanding towards students. Ability to:
(12) Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals.
(13) Perform all responsibilities of the position with limited supervision, informing the Associate Director of the Completion Center of major activities, sensitive issues, and progress towards objectives.
(14) Prioritize student concerns and issues, and effectively manage a caseload of students.
(15) Analyze problems and make decisions with consideration of impact on multiple stakeholders.
(16) Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
(17) Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
(18) Manage, organize and maintain up-to-date records and files.
(19) Interpret and apply college policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
(20) Acquire and apply knowledge of resources pertinent to serving at-risk college students.
(21) Set goals, assign duties, teach skills, and direct others toward meeting program goals.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Desk work; occasional field trips e.g. for college or program activities. Insignificant effort other than normal movement. Minimal Hazard/Exposure: Standard office setting. At least minimal environmental controls to assure health and comfort.
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, retirement plan, sick leave, vacation, holidays. Eligible employees and dependents may take college courses tuition free. Participation in Medicare Part A, but not Social Security (FICA).
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested and qualified applicants should submit application materials to the Human Resources Office, McLennan Community College, 1400 College Drive, Waco, Texas 76708, Telephone 254/299-8611, Fax 254/299-6237, or Email MCCjobs@mclennan.edu. Finalists may be required to participate in an In-Basket Exercise. Please feel free to contact this office regarding the status of your application. MCC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. For more information visit www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
MCC provides equal opportunities to all individuals and does not discriminate against any individual regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, or other legally protected category in its educational programs, activities, or employment. http://www.mclennan.edu/employees/policy-manual/docs/E-XXXIV.pdf