2018 TACUSPA Call of Webinar Presentations
Partner with us to deliver high quality education and training.
An essential service of any association is offering high quality continuing education and training to its professional members. Development of the 2018 TACUPSA Webinar Series is underway, and we invite you to collaborate with us! The Webinar Series has been successful, with over a 100 attendees from across Texas.
We hope you will consider submitting a webinar proposal. It would be a wonderful opportunity of networking with our colleagues across the state and educating our colleagues on an area of passion for you.
Suggested Webinar Topics
TACUPSA welcomes webinar presentations on the following topics and more:
- Effectiveness of evidence-based practices
- Personal Growth
- Campus Behavior & Safety
- Equity & Inclusion
- Law & Policy
- Student Organizations
- 1st Generation College Students
- Supporting Students
- Non-Traditional Students
- Advising Students
- Motivational Interviewing
- Leadership & Supervision
- Working with Students
- Student Success
- Assessment & Evaluation
- Student & Organization Conduct
- Student Veterans
- Service Initiatives
- Advocacy & Activism on Campus
- Professional Development
- All webinars are free to participants.
- TACUSPA will consider proposals for 60 or 90 minute webinars only.
- Presenters should prepare approximately 90% of time for presentation and allow 10% of time for questions and answers throughout the webinar
- Maximum 2 presenters per presentation; no previous training experience is required.
- The live event will be recorded and shared with all attendees for future free, on-demand viewing.
What does TACUSPA provide?
Marketing: Advertisement to TACUSPA’s membership and affiliate networks. Detailed webpage on TACUPSA website that contains description, learning objectives, presenter(s) information and date of webinar.
Technical Support: TACUSPA uses GoToWebinar to host its webinars. TACUSPA staff will handle all technical aspects of the webinar including training the presenters and monitoring/assisting with the entire live webinar presentation to assure the highest quality webinar.
Assistance: TACUSPA staff or a designated facilitator are available to help the presenters in the planning and presentation of the webinar.
Logistics: The presenters will be provided with helpful background information and guidelines to ensure the PowerPoint presentation is appropriate to use for this virtual presentation.
How will webinar presentations be selected?
TACUSPA will be accepting webinar presentation applications until the close of business on October 2, 2017. Applications will be selected according to the following criteria:
- All sections of the application are complete.
- Description and learning objectives are clearly stated.
- Session structure and organization are clearly defined.
- Presenters have sufficient training experience and knowledge of the subject matter.
- The topic area corresponds with those most in demand by the profession.
The Selection Committee will contact chosen presenters via email by October 16, 2017.